iOS for Noobs: How to Enter Promo Codes
What with all of the giveaways we’ve been running over here at iPhone Alley, it’s no wonder that the question will arise of how to enter these so called “promo codes” that we giveaway every so often (daily, to tell the truth). So, to give an answer to the noobs (no offense) whom these questions have come from behalf of, below are the steps you need to take to enter a promo code.
This is some pretty basic stuff again with the culprit of not knowing pointing to the essential interactive tutorial that iOS is currently lacking.
On the Computer
1) If you’re on a computer, you’re going to want to open iTunes.
2) Once you get iTunes open, you’ll need to click on the iTunes Store icon that is part of the left navigation panel.
3) You should now be on the home page of the iTunes store. If you’re not, simply click the Home button that layers the top of the screen.
4) On the right side of the home page, you should see yet another navigation panel titled Quick Links. Here, you’re going to click on the Redeem button.
5) If you did everything right, which shouldn’t be a burden whatsoever, you’ll see a box like in the picture below where you can enter your promo code. Save for when a code is entered incorrectly or has expired, you’ll be prompted to enter your iTunes credentials.
On an iOS Device
1) The first step is to open the App Store from your home screen (this can also be done using the iTunes application, but we’re going to cover the alternative method).
2) Once you do so, you’re going to then want to click on the Featured tab that sits beside the Category tab layering the bottom of the screen.
3) Now scroll all the way down until you reach a button that reads Redeem. That clever little button – you never knew that was there!
4) After clicking on the button, you’ll be faced with another text box that allows you to input your code.
5) This will prompt you to enter your iTunes credentials, and then considering that you enter your code correctly, your app will begin to download!
Instead of providing nice little screenshots of the above steps, we’ve compiled a video demonstrating the simple aforementioned steps. Check it out if you’re having difficulty:
Now, if you can beat 23,000 other people on our Twitter page when we randomly drop codes using one of these two methods, you’re in good shape. If not, you’ve still got our weekly giveaways, right?