‘Star Wars: Trench Run’ Coming Soon To The App Store
Star Wars fans who were underwhelmed by THQ’s last Star Wars title will be happy to hear that a new game, Star Wars: Trench Run, is coming soon to the App Store. Trench Run puts you in the seat of an X-Wing fighter pilot for the epic Death Star battle in Star Wars: Episode IV. The game relies mainly on tilt controls to fly your X-Wing down the Death Star’s trench. Tapping on one side of the screen fires weapons, and tapping on the other side allows you to use the force.
Relive the pivotal moments of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope on your iPhone or iPod Touch in Star Wars: Trench Run, a brand new game launching soon. Developed by Infrared5 and distributed by THQ Wireless Inc., Trench Run lets you skim the surface of the Death Star trenches as you seek to target a small thermal exhaust port less than two meters wide. Can you reenact the shot heard ’round the galaxy? Is the Force with you?
When it’s released, Trench Run will be available in the App Store for $4.99. Some of the features are listed below:
- Force Power: Slow down time and increase agility using the Force to bring TIE fighters into shooting range, and to dodge obstacles while flying down the trench.
- Breathtaking 3D Experience: Incredible 3-D graphics based on the original Star Wars movie.
- Amazing Special Effects: Vivid lighting, advanced shaders, explosions and incredible lifelike models.
- Authentic Star Wars Music and Sound Effects: Combined with real movie footage for complete immersion into the Star Wars universe.
- True-Life Flight: Accelerometer controls with life-like physics.
- Addictive Game Play: Ever increasing challenges, and tons of replay value.
- Multiple Points of View: Featuring both chase cam and cockpit modes.
- Mission Mode: With storyboards, music and dialogue from the original Star Wars movie.
- Arcade Modes: For increased re-playability, includes both Trench Run and Dog Fighting modes.
- Multiple Difficulty Levels: From Easy to Jedi.
- Optimized Gaming Experience: To work on the 3G, with special graphical features for the 3GS, iPod Touch 2nd Gen and future devices.
- Leader Boards: Players compete against others across the world for the top spot. Find out who are the true Jedi.