Spore Origins Hits the App Store
If you haven’t heard, EA’s most highly anticipated game, Spore, has hit store shelves today. For those of you who remember the SDK event earlier this year, EA was one of the few developers Apple selected to demonstrate how powerful the iPhone is as a development platform. The game they chose was Spore, and they managed to get 18 levels ready in two weeks.
Now that Spore for the PC & Mac has been released, EA has simultaneously released Spore Origins for the iPhone and iPod touch. Spore Origins, priced at $9.99, focuses on the early stages of Spore gameplay, consisting of the Evolution and Survival gameplay modes, which span 30 levels.
This initial release of Spore Origins includes the following features:
- Tilt, turn and twist your way through the primordial ooze with your motion-sensing accelerometer.
- Pinch, pull, and poke your creation in the Creature Editor, customizing the texture, shape and body parts to fit the way you play.
- Personalize your game-play by skinning your creature with pictures from your device’s Photo Albums.
- Experience 2 exciting game modes: Evolution and Survival
- Survive 30 challenging levels teaming with bizarre creatures.
- Navigate treacherous caverns to explore various strange worlds.
- Enjoy vivid graphics, dynamic animations and atmospheric music on your evolutionary journey.
For those who don’t remember the Spore demo or simply want to see it again, here it is: