Navigon AG Announces Thanksgiving Promotion for MobileNavigator App
Navigon AG announced that the company has launched a a Thanksgiving promotion for its iPhone navigation app, MobileNavigator [App Store, $69.99], as well as insights into holiday travel. During this time, the company is offering a special Thanksgiving promotion for its iPhone navigation app. For 10 days only, (November 20-30) MobileNavigator will be on sale for $69.99 instead of $89.99. In addition, NAVIGON’s Traffic Live feature is also on sale for $14.99 instead of $24.99.
Per the press release, Navigon, which has teamed up with Inirix, has identified the following six bottlenecks in major metro regions to avoid over Thanksgiving:
- New York: I-95 outbound: Traffic will begin to build at 3:00 PM. Expecting traffic delays of up 75 minutes longer than normal going southbound on the Cross Bronx Expressway (I-95) between Bruckner Blvd and the Hudson River.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont: Beginning around 4:00 PM, traffic will build on major highways in and around the Bay area. Expect an increase in delays of up to 20 minutes more than normal at I-880 southbound I-980 between 880/980 merge and Vantage Point Park and eastbound I-80 at the junction of I-80 and I-580.
- Emeryville: delays of at least 10 minutes more than normal can be expected. I-580 eastbound between Stoneridge Mall and Hacienda Crossing, expect an increase in delays of up to 20 minutes more than typical traffic delays at this time.
- Los Angeles: Northbound US-101 between N. Mission Rd and CA-11: Holiday traffic delays expected to increase drive time by at least 30 minutes after 4:00 PM compared to a typical day at this time.
- Seattle-Tacoma: Westbound WA-520 between I-405 and the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge beginning at 3:00 PM, expect traffic delays of at least 20 minutes or more than normal at this time
- Chicago: Eastbound I-90 between I-171 and I-294 will be especially heavy before 3:00 PM, expect delays of up to 1.5 hours.
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Northbound I-35E between Hickory Creek and Denton, congestion begin to build at 3:00 PM causing travel times along this route to take 30 minutes longer than normal at this time.
- Las Vegas: Northbound I-15, between I-215 and Hwy 159 congested after 1:00 PM, expect travel-times to be about 25 minutes longer than normal at this time.
MobileNavigator typically retails for $89.99 and requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later to install and run.