Griffin Releases iTrip FM Transmitter Controlled By Companion App
Griffin has introduced the iTrip FM Transmitter for the iPhone and iPod touch. Some of you might be wondering what’s so special about this little gadget, and it’s not just that it will let you listen to the music on your iPod or iPhone on your car’s FM. The really cool thing is that this is one of the first hardware accessories you can plug into your handheld and control it with a companion app in the App Store.
Users connect iTrip to their iPhone or iPod touch running iPhone OS 3.0, open the app, and are greeted with a large, simple display showing tuning controls and a SmartScan button, Griffin’s trademark technology that instantly locates the best available frequency.
- Broadcasts music, podcasts and audio books to any nearby FM radio
- Displays track and artist information on RDS-compatible radios
- Backlit graphic LCD display is easy to read in any light
- Large menu button allows easy fingertip navigation of menus
- Griffin’s SmartScan technology automates setup and operation by instantly finding the best available frequency in any locale
- Users can save up to 3 presets for easy recall
- Choose between stereo and mono transmission for best signal
- Toggle SmartSound EQ adjustment on or off
- Transport controls allow track changes directly from the iTrip and return tactile button feedback to iPhone and iPod touch
- Micro-USB port for charging any USB-powered iPod or iPhone from any compatible charger, including Griffin’s classic PowerBlock or PowerJolt
Pretty cool, right? You can find the iTrip FM Transmitter at Griffin.com for $50 + shipping, and the app is available for free in the App Store (screenshots below; click thumbnails to view).