Facebook for iPhone Updated to 3.0, Brings Big Changes, New UI
Facebook for iPhone version 3.0 [App Store] was released today with some big changes. As we reported in July, the update brings quite a few anticipated features. You can now “like” posts, view and respond to event invitations, see your friends’ birthdays, and even view the app in landscape mode. However, most users will greatly appreciate the new user interface which has been greatly improved in this version, both in usefulness and responsiveness.
Jump down for the full list of changes!
One addition you won’t see in this list is push notifications. As we reported earlier, the Facebook team plans to add push in a later release, likely 3.1.
- See your upcoming Events and RSVP
- See your friends’ birthdays
- See Pages and post updates and photos to Pages you administer
- Write Notes and read your friends’ Notes
- Upload videos from an iPhone 3GS
- Upload photos to any album
- Complete photo management (create albums, delete albums, delete photos, delete photo tags)
- Change your Profile Picture
- Zoom into photos
- Like posts and photos
- See the same News Feed as the Facebook website
- Visit links in a built-in web browser
- See all of your friends’ friends and Pages
- See mutual friends
- Easily search for people and Pages
- Make friend requests
- Become a fan of Pages
- Quickly call or text your friends
- Create shortcuts to your favorite friends and Pages
- Friends sorted by first or last name according to your settings
- Chat friends sorted alphabeticaly
Facebook for iPhone is available for free in the App Store.
Thanks to Kyle for the tip!