Apple Updates MobileMe, Find My Phone Now Accessible On An iPhone
Apple updated the landing page for the mobile version of MobileMe (Me.com), adding a bunch of useful on-the-go features. The new page now has instructions on how to set up MobileMe on your device using the Services app, a link to the mobile version of Find My iPhone, and direct links to the App Store download page for the Gallery App and iDisk app.
Accessing me.com with your iPhone/iPod touch allows you access to the following items:
- A link to setup instructions for setting up Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Find my iPhone on your iPhone/iPod touch.
- A link to use Find My iPhone from a friend’s iPhone/iPod touch if you need to locate your lost iPhone/iPod on a map, display a message, play a sound, or remotely lock or wipe it.
- A link to download the iDisk app on the App Store.
- A link to download the Gallery app on the App Store.
Accessing the remainder of the MobileMe website (me.com) is not possible via Safari on the iPhone or iPod touch. However, you can access published galleries and iWeb published sites as normal:
- Gallery: http://gallery.me.com/membername
- iWeb: http://web.me.com/membername
- Note: Replace “membername” with your actual MobileMe member name.
Adjusting MobileMe account and renewal settings must be done by accessing me.com on a computer.
[via Apple Support]