They say the best things in the world come for free. Well, that is not always the case. At least, not while buying a subscription for any services for your iOS devices. Some services will auto-renew once the subscription period is over. You would need to manually cancel the subscription for these services as you would not want to pay for them anymore or in case you have found a better and cheaper alternative.
So how would you cancel the subscription of any of these services before they get renewed? Here are some simple steps to help you cancel the subscription on your iOS devices.
Cancel Subscription on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Below are the steps to see how to cancel the subscription of any apps on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch:
- Go to Settings: Locate the Settings application on your device. It is an inbuilt app and has a gear logo as its icon.
- Tap on Your Name: Your Apple ID generally acts as your name on your iOS device. It will display personal details about your Apple ID.
- Tap Subscriptions: You will see a section of “Subscriptions” on Apple ID. Tap on it to check the active subscriptions on your Apple ID.
- Cancel Subscription: Locate the subscription you want to cancel from the list. Tap on it. You will see an option of “Cancel Subscription”- click on it.
Cancel Subscription on Mac
Below are the steps to see how to cancel the subscription of any apps on Mac:
- Go to App Store: Locate the App Store application on your Mac device. Click on it to launch it.
- Click on your ID: Click on your ID option. It is located at the bottom of the sidebar of the App Store application. It will have your name as the ID.
- View Information: A new window will appear. Locate the Edit option at the top of this window. Click on it.
- Locate Subscriptions: You will be taken to the next page. Scroll down till you locate the “Subscription” option from the list.
- Manage Subscriptions: You will see an option of “Manage” on it. Click on it.
- Edit Subscription: Now locate the subscription you want to cancel. Once you have found it, click on the “Edit” option, right next to it.
- Cancel Subscription: Click on the “Cancel Subscription” option.
Cancel Subscription on Apple TV
Below are the steps to see how to cancel the subscription of any apps on Apple TV:
- Go to Settings: Go to the Settings option on your Apple TV. It will display you the list of different types of settings for your TV.
- Go to User & Accounts: Locate “Users & Accounts” from the list. Select it.
- Select Accounts: Select your Account from here. It is the account you have connected with your Apple TV.
- Select Subscriptions: Locate the “Manage Subscription” option from the list. Select this option.
- Locate the Subscription: Now, you will see a list of the subscriptions you have on your TV. Locate the one you want to cancel from the list. Select the option.
- Cancel Subscription: Now, select the “Cancel Subscription” option.
Note: If you don’t find the “Cancel Subscription” option on any of the devices, it means that the subscription has already been canceled and it will not be renewed automatically.
So, we have mentioned the simplest steps to help you cancel your subscriptions using any of your iOS devices, be it iPhones, iPads, iPods, Mac or your Apple TV. You can cancel the subscription of almost all the apps by following these methods. There might be some applications like Spotify, for which you will have to use separate methods to cancel the subscriptions. Such subscriptions are application-based so you will have to cancel those subscriptions by visiting the official app or the website.