Rogers Wireless Pricing Plans Unveiled for Canadian Customers [Update: Fido, Too]
So, Rogers will be brining the iPhone 3G to Canada. And if you live up there, that’s a good thing. Still, formal pricing had yet to be announced until today. Update: Fido announced their price plans as well, which are identical to the ones announced by Rogers Wireless.
- $60/month – 150 minutes+ unlimited Evening and Weekend, 400MB data, 75 outgoing SMS
- $75/month – 300 minutes+ unlimited Evening and Weekend, 750MB data, 100 outgoing SMS
- $100/month – 600 minutes+ unlimited Evening and Weekend, 1GB data, 200 outgoing SMS
- $115/month – 800 minutes+ unlimited Evening and Weekend, 2GB data, 300 outgoing SMS
All plans include unlimited incoming text messages (SMS) and unlimited visual voicemail. They get specific with the data usage and what that translates into, according to them:
- 400MB data = up to 200,000 text emails or 3,100 web pages or 1,360 photo attachments
- 750MB = up to 380,000 text emails or 5,900 web pages or 2,560 photo attachments
- 1GB = up to 524,000 text emails or 8,000 web pages or 3,500 photo attachments
- 2GB = up to 1,048,000 text emails or 16,000 web pages or 7,000 photo attachments
They’re also offering a $15 monthly value pack which will include Call Display, WhoCalled, Caller Ring Trax, 2,500 Sent Text Messages and 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes; and a $20 monthly value pack including Call Display, WhoCalled, Caller Ring Trax, 10,000 Sent Text Messages and 5:00 p.m. Early Evening Calling and 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes.
They also announced that current members of their Fido Rewards program that are in their renewal window can use their FidoDollars to upgrade to an iPhone 3G on a three year contract.
They add that more information about Launch Day will be coming soon.