Popular Twitter Client, Tweetbot, Gets Revamped
Twitter has grown to be such a large part in so many people’s lives, and it has especially been a popular pastime for owners of iOS devices due to the large availability of such applications. One of our favorites, and evidently one of a whole lot people, just received a revamp today upgrading its status to v2.0. Tweetbot was our number one Twitter client for the iOS platform, and it has now been augmented making it even better than the competition.
From its easily navigable user interface, its fast speeds, the obvious amount of time poured into making the graphics flawless, Tweetbot is easily the top Twitter client currently available for iOS, in our humble opinions. Today, it was updated with some new features that furthers the distance between Tweetbot’s superiority over other competitor Twitter clients for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
What’s New in Tweetbot 2.0 -
- Updated timeline view
- Image thumbnails in timeline
- Links now colored and single-tappable
- “Retweeted by” bar now integrated and tappable
- Cell colors adjusted for better contrast
- New direct message view.
- Redesigned “New Tweets” bar (Can be dismissed by tap and configured in Settings > Display)
- Timed auto-refresh (timeline, mentions, and DM’s will refresh every 5 minutes)
- Readability added as mobilizer service
- Much improved tweet replies view
- Links in user’s bio now tappable
- “Huge” font size option in Settings > Display
- Improved scrolling performance
Among the above improvements, tweaks and additions, the most notable are probably the new conversation-style DM format, the newly added “New Tweets” bar that displays how many tweets are unread much like the desktop version of Twitter and also the fact that Readability has been added to the application’s browser to allow for better suited articles for reading on iDevices.
As it’s the Twitter client that I use for my tweeting needs, we’ll continue to update you on the application’s progress in the future. For now, though, Tweetbot is available for $2.99, and it’s totally worth the purchase.