New iPhone Coming in June, Will Work on Verizon?
Yesterday the Wall Street Journal started rumors that Apple plans to begin producing a new iPhone, with the majority of the article focusing on Apple’s relationship with AT&T and the possibility of the new phone offering CDMA capabilities (meaning it would work with Verizon or Sprint). Shortly after the WSJ article, John Gruber of Daring Fireball ridiculed the WSJ rumor article and subtlely provided some interesting details that may or may not be included on the next gen iPhone. Not to be outdone, Engadget jumped on the iPhone rumor bandwagon with a release date and a name for the unannounced new iPhone. Regardless of the accuracy of these rumors, based on Apple’s history with iPhone refreshes, we can expect something new out of Cupertino in June.
Below is a wrap-up of the 4th generation iPhone rumors.
- CDMA Capable (according to WSJ)
- A4 CPU (according to Daring Fireball)
- 960 x 640 Resolution (according to Daring Fireball)
- Front-facing Camera (according to Daring Fireball)
- Multitasking (according to Daring Fireball)
- Available June 22 (according to Engadget)
- Named iPhone HD (according to Engadget)