New IM App Beejive Available
Those of you looking for a new instant message client for your iPhone or iPod touch may want to take a look at Beejive, a new IM app that hit the app store recently. It’s a full-featured app offering a long list of features from the developer. Those of you who are into web apps may also remember JiveTalk, their similar web-based version from a while back.
- Reliable and efficient networking: be connected 24/7, and it’s gentle on your battery.
- Be connected even after you close the application. Get notified instantly when you get a new message (requires with MobileMe or Exchange/ActiveSync push email).
- Works with multiple IM networks, multiple accounts per network: AIM/iChat, MSN, Yahoo!, GoogleTalk, ICQ, Jabber, and MySpace IM.
- Desktop-like instant messaging with all of your IM buddies from a single intuitive user interface.
- Real-time chats: quick switch between multiple simultaneous chats.
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language supported by your iPhone.
- Landscape option, type with a larger keyboard.
- Chat history: Email chat logs to save chat history.
- SMS out, chat with your SMS buddies through AIM or Yahoo SMS out. Fully integrated with your iPhone/iPod Touch address book.
Account & Buddy Features:
- Manage your buddy-list, including add/remove, nicknames, groups, block, approve/deny requests.
- Sort/group/search your buddy list.
- Control your own availability, set auto-away and custom status messages, be invisible, change privacy controls.
- Configurable alerts, customizable sound, vibrate settings.
- Buddy icon support, view your friends’ icons, set your own.
The sheer number of features this app boasts is pretty enticing, but you may be a little less excited when you hear the price tag. Downloading Beejive will set you back a whopping $15.99. Still, it may be worth it given all the available features. You can check it out in the App Store.