MAME Emulator For iPhone Released
ZodTTD has just released mame4iphone v0.5.0, a MAME arcade emulator for the iPhone available to jailbroken iPhones through Cydia. The emulator is a port of the mame4all emulator from ZodTTD user Franxis. The emulator allows users to play ROMs of some of the most popular classic arcade games from the early days.
- Based on MAME v0.37 Beta 5
- Although MAME v0.37 Beta 5 is quite old, and I’m not quite sure why it was chosen as the basis for many ports to ARM handhelds yet, it still supports over 2000 ROMs!
- These arcade game’s date range from the 1970′s all the way to 2000!
- Sound is supported but disabled by default. To enable it,goto Now Playing and slide the slider for volume up from the off position then start a game.
- Once a game is started it will ask you to press OK. Use RIGHT then LEFT then RIGHT then LEFT to press OK.
- Save states are only just being introduced in MAME v0.37, so mame4iphone does not currently support save states.
- Upon installing a folder /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/MAME/ is already made for you. Place your MAME-titled zipped ROMs in the /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/MAME/roms/ folder.
Mame4iphone v0.5.0 can be found on Cydia under his public ZodTTD.com repo/source. He’s accepting donations.