AT&T Releases GPS Navigation App For iPhone
AT&T is jumping on the GPS navigation bandwagon, announcing today the availability of their own turn-by-turn app for the iPhone handset line, AT&T Navigator, offering “map updates, speech recognition, ETA updates, more than 10 million business listings, real-time traffic alerts, one-touch rerouting, daily gas prices and more.”
- Automatic Content Updates: No manual updates required. The latest map and navigating details are automatically available to subscribers at no extra cost.
- Voice and On-Screen Turn-By-Turn Directions: Real-time voice and visual guidance, including street names, automatic re-routes, ETA and total mileage updates. Drivers can also choose among multiple route options, including ‘traffic optimized’; ‘fastest’; ‘prefer streets’; ‘prefer highways’ and ‘pedestrian mode’ to ensure the most customized navigation experience.
- Speech Recognition: Touch and talk capability for instant turn-by-turn directions to destination.
- Traffic Alerts: Real-time route monitoring and proactive searches every five minutes for traffic congestion or incident. Voice and on-screen alerts, plus faster route options provided.
- 3D Maps: Full-color 3D moving map brings navigation to life. Maps provide details on current location, plus streets and interstates within driving distance.
- Business Listings: One-touch access to more than 10 million business listings from YELLOWPAGES.COM. Plus, access to business ratings, phone numbers and one-touch dialing.
- In-Route Customization: Users have the advantage of finding convenient rest stops for gas, food and other needs along their current route – saving both time and mileage.
- Online Trip Planning: Preplan trips, save addresses and manage travel accounts online at www.navpreplan.com. Save locations and send directions straight to iPhone.