At Macworld: Kensington’s New Hands-Free Car Kit
Kensington is showing a new hands-free car set for making calls while driving without breaking any cellphone laws that might be in your area. The Kensington Hands-Free Visor Car Kit syncs up with your iPhone and has 3 buttons you can program with 3 different phone numbers you can call without even touching your phone, letting you make calls at the push of a button without diverting your attention from the road.
What sets the Kensington Hands-Free Visor Car Kit apart from the rest, however, is that it can be set to be used with up to 3 different cell phones, with 3 different preset numbers each. And no, they don’t all have to be iPhones, so other members of your family without iPhones can use the set.
- High-quality speaker for crystal-clear communication
- Noise canceling microphone and patented technology for clear voice transmission
- Three programmable speed-dial buttons store your frequently dialed numbers
- Up to 20 hours of talk time (10 hours per battery). Includes two rechargeable battery packs so one is always charged and ready to go
- USB power port on car charger can charge your iPhone or other mobile devices (USB charging cable sold separately)
- Designed to pair with up to three phones
- User swap button allows you to switch phones without having to reestablish pairing to the speakerphone
The device comes with 2 battery packs offering about 10 hours of running time, a car charger, a 2-year limited warrenty, for $119.99.