Apple Updates SDK For 2.2 Software
Along with the 2.2 Software update for the iPhone (and iPod touch), Apple has released a new version of their SDK that includes some additions that are specific to developing for the new software. The SDK is available to registered developers only, and can be downloaded form the iPhone Developer’s Connection, as usual.
According to an unnamed source, it includes the following new features:
- SDK support for targeting non-Mac OS X platforms, including iPhone OS SDK.
- GCC 4.2 & LLVM GCC 4.2 optional compilers for use with Mac OS X 10.5 SDK
- Updated assistants to create new projects, targets, and source ?les
- Toolbar uses a single popup to choose platform, target, and debug/release
- Integrated SCM support now works with Subversion 1.5
[via iPhone Atlas]